6 Reasons to Consider Warehouse Mezzanine Floors for your Business
When it comes to warehouse space and other manufacturing environments, it is no surprise that mezzanine floors are often used. These have become a very popular addition to many working environments, and there are many different benefits associated with installing warehouse mezzanine floors at your business.
A lot of businesses start off small and in time, the need for larger premises increases. Often, a relocation or the purchase of new business premises is not possible for various reasons, ranging from difficult logistics, relocation of products, expenses or other factors, yet the pressing need for increased storage or operational space increases. The perfect solution is to add a mezzanine floors. Warehouses and other operations all over the world are installing and using additional mezzanine levels with great success.
Benefits of Warehouse Mezzanine Floors
- Cost effective: When relocation to other premises or building additional storage on site are not always possible, the installation of a custom-made mezzanine floor can be the solution that provides the best value for money. Mezzanine floors can be customised to fit particular work environments. It can increase the storage per square metre very significantly, but at relatively low cost when compared to the alternatives.
- Increased property value: With the addition of warehouse mezzanine floors, your building will be worth more. It is crucial, however, that the quality of the floor is very high and that the installation is done perfectly. Experts recommend that only professional manufacturers of steel structures and mezzanine flooring are used for this exercise. A badly installed floor can detract from the business and discourage potential buyers from purchasing the property.
- Fast installation: Experts in the manufacture and installation of warehouse mezzanine floors will be able to create and install the floor within short timeframes. Building added storage space will not only take longer, but will also be more expensive. The installation can also be arranged to take place during particular time frames, in order to minimise downtime and disruption to the business.
- Portable: Well-designed mezzanine floors can be erected and dismantled, which means that they can be moved to another location if needed at a later stage. This means that it is an investment in the form of a removable asset.
- Better use of existing space: Warehouse mezzanine flooring provides a creative solution in that it reuses and redefines existing space – this means that double the products can be stored, without having to pay for additional storage at a fixed place. The rent will remain the same, but the space will increase, which saves costs.
- Flexible design options: Professional mezzanine designers will be able to create a floor that will benefit the space according to the needs, and often these floors can be disassembled and reconstructed in another format to suit a different space, or to make better use of the current space. The flexibility of the design will depend on the initial specifications of the design, and it is important to keep this in mind when looking for someone to design your mezzanine floor.
If you would like to increase your warehouse space and would like more information about mezzanine flooring, please call our expert team at Avalon Steel Projects today!