Mezzanine saves you money
How a Mezzanine Can Help Your Company Save Money
A mezzanine is a floor located between the ground floor and the roof or between two levels. The semi-permanent type can be relocated if so required. Installation is quicker than with conventional brick and mortar types and can thus be done with minimal interruption of normal business operations. Professional installation is essential since the floor must be able to carry the required load. The foundation strength of the building and structural integrity are also important considerations. To this end, it is crucial to make use of experienced manufacturers and installers with proven track records of successfully completed projects.
Examples of our manufacturing and installation expertise are briefly given below to give you an indication of the magnitude of our abilities and product quality.
- Danny’s Automotive: A 1 400 square metre mezzanine floor was installed with the least possible disruption of the operations. Our team installed the lights to the structure before installation of the deck media, making it possible to keep visibility of the workspace below the floor.
- Portable Shade: We installed a mezzanine over a weekend to minimise work-shift interruption. Our team created a solution to overcome the problem of limited column space beneath the mezzanine.
- Yokohama Warehouse: We installed a 700 m2 mezzanine at this packed and fully stocked warehouse without disruption of the stock to create more space for the client company.
- Pan African Shopfitters: Our team installed a 500 m2 mezzanine at this 750 m2 warehouse to create an additional 70% of floor space for the company with a floor designed for load-bearing capacity of 500 kg per m2.
Top Reasons to Consider Installation of a Semi-Permanent Mezzanine at Your Warehouse
Here are the top reasons why you should consider installing semi-permanent mezzanines:
- It’s a cost-effective way to add more floor space.
- Allows for the faster expansion of floor space than with conventional building methods.
- Minimum disruption of company operations is involved.
- Installation can be done over weekends.
- Creates a valuable storage space.
- Can be utilised to add a recreational area, boardroom, or office component to your warehouse.
- Eliminates the need to move to a new warehouse because of space limitations at the current one.
Business expansion is part of growing your company’s footprint. Unfortunately, it may also require more space. If you rent warehouse space, you know that you pay per square metre. By adding a semi-permanent floor that can be removed if your business ever moves out to another building, you can get the extra space without having to pay more rent. In addition, you don’t have to go through the costly exercise of having to move the contents of an entire warehouse to another building. With this solution, you maximise the usage potential of the current space.
Urban sprawl is a major concern in today’s spatial-planning framework. Rather than occupying more environmental space, utilise the vertical space in your existing building. This helps to keep your company’s environmental footprint low. If you own the warehouse, you know that adding the extra floor space also adds to the property value. With the added floor space within the same building, your firm also saves on energy costs. The same heating and cooling systems currently in place can be used without using more energy. The floor space can be used for many applications, ranging from storage to recreational and office space.
Where to Start
Get in touch with our firm to learn how we can help you maximise the usage of space through the cost-effective addition of a mezzanine.